Test and Trace
TEST and TRACE - NEW RULES FOR THOSE WHO SHOW SYMPTOMS
Anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus (persistent cough, fever or sudden loss of taste or sense of smell) must immediately self-isolate for 7 days and all members of your household must isolate for 14 days regardless of whether any of you have already had coronavirus. You should also ask for a test - either online or by calling 119 as soon as you display symptoms.
If you test negative:
- You and your household can come out of self-isolation and go back to 'normal'.
If you test Positive:
- You and your household must continue to isolate for 7 and 14 days respectively regardless of whether you have already had coronavirus - you may still be able to transmit it to others.
- You will be contacted by a member of the contact tracing team. You will be asked:
- your name, date of birth and postcode
- whether you live with other people
- any places you've been recently, such as a workplace or school
- names and contact details of any people you were in close contact with in the 48 hours before your symptoms started (if you know these details)
If you are deemed at risk because of having had close contact with a new case
- You will be contacted by the Track & Trace team and instructed to self-isolate for 14 days whether or not you have symptoms.
- You do not need to be tested unless you develop symptoms.
- You must still isolate even if you have already had coronavirus - you may still be able to transmit it to others.
- Members of your household do not need to isolate unless one of you starts to show symptoms.
- It is possible to be asked to isolate on more than one occasion.
- The Track & Trace team will NOT:
- ask for bank details or payments
- ask for details of any other accounts, such as social media
- ask you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- ask you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087
- If you are asked any of these questions it is almost certainly a scam. Hang up and call the police on 101.
For more details on Track and Trace and Coronavirus in general visit the government website.